Ontario has become the fourth province to digitalize pink slips in September 2019. The decision made by the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) gives Ontarians the option to carry their pink card on their mobile device. Pink slips will continue to be issued for another year, allowing drivers to carry around a physical copy. Carrying around the pink slip on a mobile device can save Ontarians the hassle of looking for a physical copy when requested.
With the new digital proof of auto insurance policy, it’s important to understand your responsibilities:
- You must have proof of auto insurance in your car at all times.
- Make sure your mobile device is fully charged, with a clear screen and a good signal whenever you are driving.
- If you are planning on driving out of province, you must carry a physical copy of your pink slip as not all provinces accept digital proof of insurance.
- Ensure your mobile device is locked at all times to protect your personal information
- Drivers still have the option of carrying a physical copy of their proof of insurance
Our Mobile App
You can access your pink slip in no time with our mobile app! There’s no need to rummage around your glove box looking for your pink slip. With a touch of a button, you can access your pink slip any time, anywhere. Even more, our app allows you to view and manage all of your insurance policies, request policy changes, file insurance claims and find nearby services! If you would like to sign up, contact us today by giving us a call or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org